Wednesday 1 June 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 5 - 31st May

I had great plans for day 5 which involved a trip down to North Sydney where I intended to explore the North Sydney Oval cricket ground and surrounds with its views across the Harbour to the city but this was scuppered for as soon as I arrived at North Sydney the heavens opened and it was clear it was in for a while.

There was nothing for it other than to return to Frenchs Forest, whichwas a pity, as I intended to lunch at Greens, the new restaurant at the Sydney Bowls club, right next to the Oval.  It's had good reviews so I will be going back to try it out, sooner, rather than later.

Greens new restaurant at the Sydney Bowls club


















The highlight of the day was spotting this plant that looked like a bird on the way home. I found out later that it is called the Bird of Paradise plant.

The Bird of Paradise plant.


















Day 6

No comments:

Post a Comment