Wednesday 15 June 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 20 - 15th June

Day 20


Having packed my cases the previous evening all I had to do this morning was shower and eat breakfast and I was ready to go.  It was a lovely morning so I had breakfast on the balcony again.

Breakfast ready on the balcony



















I then set off for Napier with a few stops planned for the day.  All suggested by Andrew Clemmet. The first being Rotarua for the Te Puia Geyser.  Normally when I turn up for things such as these I am disappointed by being there at the wrong time and missing what was to be the main event. Not this time I witnessed the Geyser in full flow.

There she goes!

And again

Anyone fancy a mud bath?



















































I moved on from here and the next stop was the Huka waterfalls. I had a good vantage point for these.

The Huka  Falls
















From the other side





















I then came across another waterfall, not named, in the middle of nowhere. I suppose it must have a name but I couldn't see it anywhere.



















Then it was on to Taipu.  Now if I was to move to New Zealand this might be the place to live.  Beautiful houses fronting onto a lake as big as a sea. Snow covered mountains in the distance, photographs probably will not do it justice.

This one perhaps? 


The hole in one competition, but it was closed. I couldn't have a go 

From where I am stood in sunshine, looking at snow covered mountains at the other end of the lake.

















































I would have liked to have stayed here longer but time was getting on and I still had another 220km to go to Napier so I set off to find the Thermal Explorer highway and at the end of it The Art Deco Masonic Hotel.

Wow! What a place this hotel is. I booked in, unpacked what I needed,  and went down to the restaurant for a meal before having a stroll around the town.  Met a few Wesh guys who seemed to be doing the same route as me.

More of Napier and the Masonic tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment