Sunday 19 June 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 24 - 19th June

Day 24



I had intended crossing the Cook Strait today to set foot on South Island but due to my late return from the rugby the night before there was no way I would be up at 6.00 to catch the ferry.  So instead, I had a leisurely day in Wellington doing a bit more exploring.

It really is a windy place but that only goes to make the harbour waterfront a little more exciting.  Perhaps it would have been a rough crossing. Who knows?  Anyway, Wellington it was.




















After grabbing a bit of lunch I decided to visit the Te Papa Museum, the National Museum of New Zealand. I was so glad I did.

Entrance to Te Papa
















Te Papa



That huge thing is the head of a 'midget' blue whale. 
The rest of the body is behind it

 A Giant Squid in formaldehyde  


































After spending a few hours here I headed  back to the hotel for a shower and a relax before before taking an early dinner with a spectacular view over the harbour. The food was first class and I was looked after by a most attentive waitress called Hannah.

A special word here also for Nell on reception who was most helpful sorting out my room wifi and flight details for tomorrow.

Not a bad view from the dining room 
















Then it was off to the room to pack ready for the flight tomorrow.  And to catch up on my blogs before making a few FaceTime calls back home.

My blog writing desk in my room 

No comments:

Post a Comment