Friday 24 June 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 28 - 23rd June

Day 28


On a big day in the UK, the result of which would not unfold here in Australia until late tomorrow  I decided to take a trip down the Parramatta River to Parramatta itself.  Alfie said I would find it interesting so I decided to give it a try.

It was quite a long trip and I was on a Captain Cooks Cruises catamaran seconded to Sydney travel for some reason.

Captain Cook's hop on hop off catamaran 



















It was a very pleasant trip and the further up river we got the more impressive were the houses which lined the river, especially after we passed the Sydney rowing club.

The Parramatta River


















Sydney Rowing Club
















Houses on the Parramatta 





















I noticed on the display board that Olympic park was a stop before Parramatta and I decided to get off there to have a look at the Olympic Stadium.  When I got off I had no idea how far away everything was and I set off on what was to prove to be a considerable trek.

The stadium and surrounds were very impressive and it was worth the walk once I got there.

The Olympic Stadium














The train station seems to have been modelled on the Opera House






















I had spent so long getting here and back to the jetty I decided to call it a day and headed back to the city.  The ferry I caught this time was called The Dawn Fraser, named after one of Australia's most successful swimmers.

The wharf at Olympic Park 

















The Dawn Fraser 

No comments:

Post a Comment