Tuesday 21 June 2016

Australia & New ZealanD - Day 26 - 21st June

Day 26


Well I am back in Sydney, still reflecting on my time in New Zealand. Something else I realised about myself (although I guess I always new it) was that although I can handle the travel, the being on my own, navigating across strange lands, making friends and taking decisions, there was one thing I did not enjoy.

I hate ironing.

The only downside to the trip had been living out of a suitcase, with four different hotels in 10 days, so it was nice to get back to a full wardrobe that would not need ironing before putting it on. The ironing fairy had obviously called while I was away.

Tired as I was, I still set my alarm to get up at 4.30 ready for the Wales Russia match which was kicking off in France at 05.00 Australian time. There was conflict with Alfie of course, he being English so he agreed to watch the England Slovakia match in his bedroom while I watched Wales in the Lounge.

What a result. 3 - 0 and top of the group.  So proud, and the French seem to love us over there, lighting up the Eiffel Tower in our colours for the second time since the tournament began.

The Eiffel Tower, after Wales victory over Russia


















So I spent the next few hours doing odds and ends.  I did my laundry, prepared a curry for this evening, and did a few chores which Amy had left for me.

They are having new blinds fitted so I arranged to meet the fitters here next week.  I then went up to the Forestway shops and while there partook in the highlight of my day.  I had a McDonalds lunch.

Had my first McDonalds in the Southern Hemisphere here.

The rest of the day was spent reading and relaxing and not worthy of posting about but tomorrow I'll get back on the horse.  

I may go to Maroubra Beach, because the surf is high at the moment.  I won't be in the water though, just photographing. Should be interesting, I will make a final decision when I see the weather tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment