Tuesday 14 June 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 19 - 14th June

Day 19


I was awoken this morning by my breakfast being delivered to me in the room. I had forgotten I had ordered it the night before.  The sun was on one side of my room so I ate it on the balcony. Nice start to the day.

The balcony off my room


















It really was a large suite and as I said yesterday, it is opposite the Waikato rugby ground, home of the Chiefs.

Another part of the room

The floodlights at the Stadium from my room. Those clouds soon passed over. 


































After breakfast I got ready and went into the city in a taxi as I needed to get a cheap Kiwi phone and I needed to get some money out of the bank.  The taxi driver dropped me off outside a bank next to a mall so I thought I could soon kill two birds here quite quickly.

Very clean but uninspiring city centre with not much to keep me there after I'd got what I came for.


Hamilton's City Centre 

Spark electronics where I bought my Kiwi phone



































Didn't waste much time and was soon back at the Helm to meet up with a couple of Welsh guys.  Got a message from Andrew later saying everybody was meeting at Speight's Ale House before the game so after a while I made my way over there to meet them. It was the same as in Auckland on Saturday, All Black supporters and Welsh supporters mingling and having fun together.  Why can't it be like this in all sports?

This is another one of those pubs that I would frequent if I lived over here.  Loads of cask ales and ciders and a great menu to accompany it.  I will look out for more of these on my travels.








And the food's not bad either 






























As for the match, the less said about it the better.  We really let ourselves down and were never in the game. A loss of 40 points to 7 is hard to swallow, but thanks to these guys I had a really good day otherwise.

Me with Ryan & Andrew at the Waikato Stadium






















No comments:

Post a Comment