Sunday 12 June 2016

Australia & NewZealand - Day 17 - 12th June

Day 17


Alfie had to go back to Sydney today, but not before we went out for breakfast to watch the match between England and Russia in the European Championships.  Wales had already beaten Slovakia before this match started so for 90 minutes at least they were set to top the group.  As it turned out, despite a dominant England performance the match ended in a draw to leave Wales on top of the table, two points ahead of both of these teams and three ahead of Slovakia in their group.

After the match finished we went and picked up a hire car which I will now have for the rest of the week to gradually move down the Island to eventually end up in Wellington next weekend

On the way to the airport we drove to a place called Clarks Beach.  Just to have a look around.  It was not a very impressive beach but we saw a most peculiar dead fish on the beach.  Looked a bit like a mini monster.

The fish???



































After dropping Alfie off at the airport, I went back to the apartment to pack in readiness for my leaving tomorrow for Hamilton via various places suggested by Andrew over the last couple of days.

Then, feeling peckish I walked back down to the Sixteen Tun and had a couple of glasses of wine and some good bar snacks.  I had an enjoyable chat with Ian, the manager, over his choice of music which I thoroughly approved of.  When I mentioned to him that I had included the bar in one of my blog posts he asked for the sign in details, so you never know, I might have a follower in New Zealand now as well as the other countries which have somehow latched onto it.

















As I said in the earlier post, if you are ever in Auckland, you just have to pay this bar a visit.  You will not regret it





No comments:

Post a Comment