Thursday 2 March 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 8 - 2nd March

Day 8


Went with Justin this morning to drop the kids off at school.  Then I returned home with the car because I intended to do some exploring later on.

First off though, I was going to do a bit of baking because Amy says she loves the cheese, potato and onion pasties she used to get at home.  Little did she know though, I never made any of them, they were all made by Joanie.  I did pay attention though and last time I was over here I made some and they seemed to go down well so I thought I would try again.

They turned out really good.  even if I do say so myself, as did the tub of cheese straws that I made as well.

Nice Pasties
How about that for a tub of cheese straws

When ready, I took the car and drove around to the other side of the reserve to see what it was like.  It was strange, there were luxury houses skirting this dense, forbidding, bush which both bid you in but warned you not to enter.






Just as it was when I went to Dee Why lagoon last year, it is a project of the Warringah Council to 'Restore the native vegetation and create habitat for our local wildlife'


As I drove around some of the areas seemed more accessible and dare I say, pleasant and welcoming but I still did not venture far inside dressed only in shorts and tee shirt.




It was strange to see as I drove around. The Reserve was flanked on some sides by magnificent houses like these. I suppose they have the best of both worlds, luxury houses and a wild outlook, I wonder who owns them?





As I turned another corner I saw the new hospital building towering over the hillside a few miles away and decided I should head back home. i did not want to be late meeting Amy to pick the kids up from school.







No comments:

Post a Comment