Monday 13 March 2017

Australia 2014 - Day 19 - 13th March

Day 19


Justin has been on line trying to book our Hunter Vsalley trip and it looks like the only available time for the house we want to rent is the last weekend in April. The problem here is that Amy and I have booked to see a new opera, Two Weddings, One Bride on the Sunday Evening.





So I decided to go into the Opera House to try to change our tickets for an alternative evening.

I took the car and drove down yo Milson's point where I caught the ferry to Circular Quay.
 
My hire car, a Toyota Corolla


Some interesting buildings among the high rises


My destination in the distance


The Art Deco Sydney Pool


The Wharf at Milson's Point

I caught the ferry and took the short trip under the Harbour Bridge and headed to Circular Quay, passing the Bounty on the way over.


Heading over

Passing the Bounty

My destination

After leaving the ferry I made my way around the Quay and out to the Opera House. As usual it was very busy with tourists both in and outside.  there were many tours taking place and there was a queue at the Box office.


Made it to the front of the queue

The chap in the photograph above was most helpful and it didn't take long to change the tickets for the Tuesday after our Hunter valley trip.  It did cost $36 to change them though.

It was then time for lunch so I went outside to the Opera Bar and had some battered flathead and chips. Very nice with a glass of Hunter Valley Semillon.



Some shots of the Opera bar terrace



Fish and chips Aussie style
I hung around for a while then decided to go back over to Milson's Point and pick up the car. I went home and stopped off at Forestway stores on the way to get some ingredients to make a curry for dinner later.  it was Amy's first day in her new job so I wanted to prepare it before she got home.




No comments:

Post a Comment