Wednesday 1 March 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 7 - 1st March

Day 7



Happy St David's Day

March 1st. The day we celebrate the Patron Saint of Wales, St. David.


Caught a train today from Chatswood to Wynyard in the city aiming to visit Barangaroo, the new district off Darling Harbour.  It is a new area consisting of shops, restaurants and harbour side walks below new skyscraper office buildings.



Wynyard Station

There has been a lot of work done here upgrading stairs and escalators and a lot has changed since I was here last year

Some of the improvements
A large part of the imptovemens meant the building of a tunnel passing under Clarence Street and Kent Street, emerging in the new Bangaroo district starting in Sussex Street at the Sussex Hotel.


After you pass through the tunnel you emerge here



This is the start of Barangaroo, although not finished it is already looking quite stunning. The following images will give you an Idea of what they are building here.








After wandering around this area for a while I moved on down to the waterfront and headed for Nick's Bar and Grill for lunch.






I chose for lunch half a dozen Sydney Rock Oysters followed by Barramundi with mash. Accompanied by a couple of glasses of Hunter Valley Semillon.  I spoil myself.

After lunch I went over to see the guys working on the water near the new development. they were moving steels with a floating crane and there were divers on hand should they be needed.




I was shocked when I got home later that evening to hear on the news that a 30 year old man had been killed working here shortly after I left.  He was struck by steel work being moved by the crane.

No comments:

Post a Comment