Sunday 26 March 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 30 - 24th March

Day 30


Happy birthday to me! Started the day opening cards from those who remembered. Thank you very much. Then I took Cerys for a birthday breakfast at the Old Civic restaurant on the way to her school.




Later in the morning I went down to Colleroy with Justin and just to remind you, this was the place of destruction caused by those storms last June which saw buildings and gardens being washed into the sea.  a great deal of rebuilding has taken place since.






We had lunch in the Colleroy Hotel overlooking the beach. A nice lunch on the balcony looking out to sea.


The bar in the Colleroy Hotel

The view out to sea




After lunch we went to the Beach Club for a couple of drinks, whilst once again admiring the view along the coastline.  Great to see the work done here since last year.  The sea did tremendous damage but look at it now


June 2016
March 2017


Justin on the balcony

When I got home I was surprised by Amy and the kids with a birthday cake. Glad there was only one candle, I managed to blow it out




After a bit of a relax, I got ready to go out for a 'surprise' birthday evening meal with Amy and Justin. I new I was going but did not know where.  I was delighted when we got there, it was the Cafe Sydney, probably the best restaurant in Sydney and I had never been there before.

Cafe Sydney

Cafe Sydney captures the essence of Sydney from its amazing location on the rooftop of Customs House with spectacular harbour views, delicious food, an outdoor terrace, cocktail lounge and a relaxed, contemporary interior.



I must say the setting was spectacular, sitting on the balcony overlooking the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay, the food was wonderful and the service first class.



Amy looking happy with herself



A couple of shots with the Harbour Bridge as a background




My happy birthday dessert

After a great evening here we strolled around to the Opera bar for  a few drinks. It was a lovely evening and nobody felt like going home yet.

The Opera Bar

With the Sydney Opera House as its backdrop and perfect views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, it is not surprising that Opera Bar has become a favourite Sydney experience, perfect for first drinks, last drinks and everything in between. Showcasing Australian suppliers it’s a restaurant and bar that celebrates the seasons and shares local favourites. I always enjoy coming here and manage it on numerous occasions each year.

Once again it was extremely busy at midnight, people just seem to flock here and tonight was no exception.   We stayed for a while, Amy on the cocktails and Justin and me on our favourite whiskies.

The outside harbour side bar

Perfect end to the evening, Tasmanian whisky for Justin and, of course, Talisker for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment