Thursday 30 March 2017

Australia - Day 36 - 30th March

Day 36


I went to school today, it was grandparent Day at Frenchs Forest public school;









First off, all grandparents had to meet in the Assembly Hall where they were welcomed and addressed by Mrs Smith, the Head Mistress who outlined the programme for the morning.

Then we were shown by 'Ambassadors' to the classrooms of our grand children. Cerys was waiting for me when I got there with her friend Alyssa, whose grandparents could not make it today.  We had been encouraged by Mrs Smith to adopt any children whose grand parents were not there, so I adopted Alyssa for the morning. As it happened Alyssa and Cerys are best friends in school.



Cerys on the left of the photograph with her BFF Alyssa on the right

First of all they showed me their classroom work which included the books they are reading, drawings which have been put up on the wall and currently being worked on. What impressed me most was the ease with which they turned on the computer, signed in and showed me their blogs.

Cerys' picture on the wall

Alyssa's picture on the wall

Together at the work in progress table

Working on the computers


With Mrs Davidson, the form teacher

They then took me to see where they kept their backpacks during the day. All very interesting stuff!!





Then it was out to the playground to show me equipment they have at their disposal to use during play times and before classes.






And before I new it, it was time to go back to the Assembly hall for refreshments so I said my goodbyes to the girls and made my way back to the hall






Then I made my way to the car, in the rain, and decided to drive down to Balmoral Beach to see what it was like down there today.

When I got there I parked up and it was pouring down, so I sat in the car for an hour waiting for it to ease.  When it did ease up I took my chance and went for a walk along the beach and front. It was deserted except for a few people walking under umbrellas.















The best part of this visit though, was that I  was the only customer in the famous fish and chip shop on the front.  Normally this place is packed and you have to wait ages for your food because it is all cooked to order.  Not today though, it did not take long to cook and I was soon sat under the awning with rain bashing down on it feeling dry and comfortable eating the best fish and chips I've had in a long time.  Battered New Zealand Hake, gorgeous.






No comments:

Post a Comment