Tuesday 30 January 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 67 - 28th January

Day 67

Having made the decision not to go to the Sydney Sevens today I settled into a quiet day at home. I started off by getting up to watch Newport County play Tottenham Hotspurs in the FA Cup which was being shown live on TV over here at 4.30am.



What a performance, County drew 1-1 but were unfortunate not to win, with Spurs equalising with only 7 minutes to go. County's reward will be a trip to Wembley for the return match. A great day for Newport.

Padraig Amond heading Newport in front in the first half


Harry Kane equalising for Spurs late in the second half



After breakfast, Amy took the kids to swimming lessons and I stayed home.

While they were away I prepared lunch and today we were having steak with salad and mash. One of my summer favourites.



After lunch I settled down in front of the TV to see the final ODI between Australia and England and boy was I glad I had made the right decision today.  



Having looked out of it for 80% of the match England came good to pull off a magnificent victory and a final series victory total of 4 – 1.

Rashid

Tom Curran
Tom Curran was man of the match bowling Australia out with a five-wicket haul. Great stuff.

While Owen Morgan, the England captain went up to collect the winners trophy, the senior Australian pair of Steve Smith and David Warner did not look to as if they wanted to be there.





No comments:

Post a Comment