Wednesday 10 January 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 39 - 31st December

Day 39


New Years

Plans were to go to Dee Why this evening for New Years Eve Fireworks but first, after breakfast we went to Bondi.  We needed to take two cars so Richard drove ours.

It started with a walk along the front.  The safe swimming flags were very close together today and although the beach was very crowded people were adhering to the warnings.



the only people ignoring the flags were the surfers and that is only to be expected.


After Alfie and the kids had had a play on the beach we headed over to the famous Bondi Market.  I bought a few things to take home from here.



When we finished here it was lunchtime and we were all starving so we went to the Traditional British Fish and Chip shop for lunch.  Absolutely delicious cod chips and mushy peas.



Wherever I go, wherever my travels take me, this will always be my favourite.

Then, really stuffed, we had to head home to prepare for going out this evening.  We collapsed into chairs when we got home and we were all sat there thinking the same thing.  After that late BBQ last night, filling our faces with food and drink and then this massive lunch 'I don't want to go out tonight'.

Amy was first to mention it, I quickly seconded it and soon we were all in agreement.  We would stay in to see New Year in and later I would make a curry.

I made two different ones and I must say everybody said they were delicious.  We cracked open some bubbly but as expected, nobody made it to midnight. We saw the Sydney fireworks on TV next day.







No comments:

Post a Comment