Monday 22 January 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 59 - 20th January

Day 59


Relaxing day today.  I had breakfast in the same restaurant as yesterday and spent a leisurely couple of hours at the hotel. The views were amazing.






I then went for a stroll along the beach, but it was getting very hot so I did not stay out for long. 35 degrees at 10 0'clock seems a trifle wrong to me.






After a while I went back to the hotel and collected the car from the car Park and I decided to explore a little further along Surfers paradise. First of all I stopped at Helensvale for lunch at the Helensvale Tavern. A friendly place and I had a great steak and mash (with gravy).



After this I carried on along in the general direction of Brisbane. I was amazed, it began to look just like Orlando by the sea.  There were massive theme parks along the route I was taking. This would be a great place to come with the kids. All these parks and golden sanded beaches as well.









Time was getting on and I decided to turn back. I stopped at a place near the hotel by the side of the Nerang river.  It looked terrific with the riverside homes looking out on to boats, jet skis and water skiers in glorious sunshine.








Then it was time to get back to the hotel for a rest before getting ready to go out for dinner. I was only going next door to the First Avenue Tavern, a sports bar because they were to show the latest 20 over BBl match between my two favourite teams over here, Perth Scorchers and Hobart Hurricanes.


It was a cracking evening, pizza, beer and a scintillating cricket match, won by the scorchers after seemingly being out of it with not much time left. Wonderful stuff. Richard would have enjoyed that.


No comments:

Post a Comment