Saturday 27 January 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 66 - 27th January

Day 66


Having tickets for the Sydney 7's rugby tournament at the Allianz Stadium, for today and tomorrow. I got ready after breakfast while Amy took Cerys to Dance. I looked after Dylan while they were there and after their return I drove into the city.


I had pre-booked parking at the Entertainment Centre in Fox Studios, quite close to the ground. 





After parking up I did the short walk to the ground and found my seat. I was really surprised at the lack of people present because the Women's 7s were well underway. It just goes to show where support for Rugby union lies in the pecking order after Australian Rules Football, Rugby League, Cricket and Soccer.


It was fancy dress day and gradually began to fill up as the day wore on. Quite frankly I would think that 80% of the people present were not interested in the rugby and in my opinion spoilt it for those who went to watch the rugby.


The Fijians were well supported, as they should be being Olympic Champions and their team looked in particularly good form again.  



The home union teams played very poorly, especially Wales who lost two out of two today to add to the loss suffered the previous evening.


All in all I did not enjoy the experience and will not be returning tomorrow to see the finals. I will stay home to watch the cricket.




No comments:

Post a Comment