Tuesday 26 July 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 61 - 26th July

Day 61


I had decided to go to Manly today for the last time before I leave on Friday.  Can't believe it's all coming to an end. So, after meeting up with Jason, I jumped on the 136 from Chatswood and took the scenic bus ride to Manly.

It was quieter than I have seen it before despite the glorious conditions.  Not too good for surfing though, the waves were small at the town end but were a bit better at the Queencliff end.

Queenscliff end

Town end






































I had a chat with some interesting guys from New Zealand about the recent Wales tour and they were obviously a lot happier about it than I was then I had a drink in  the New Brigton Hotel before doing some last minute shopping.

The main Street leading from the beach to the ferry port 




















I returned to the New Brighton Hotel for some crispy skinned Barramundi for lunch with a couple of Monteith ciders then I took a stroll down to the ferry port.

The New Brighton Hotel

















Looking over to Manly Wharf

The Manly ferry, Queenscliff, arriving at the wharf






































I then caught the bus back home hoping to catch Jason before he left.  As I was strolling down Rabbett Street towards the house there were a couple of jaywalkers who stopped the traffic to cross the road.

Rabbett Street

Mr & Mrs Duck crossing the road 




































No comments:

Post a Comment