Saturday 16 July 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 50 - 15th July

Day 50


Day 50, a special day. Up early for Amy to take me to the airport.  Sydney Domestic Airport.  I was to fly up to Cairns and then on a shuttle to Port Douglas and the Mantra Portsea Hotel.

Sydney Domesic Airport

Yay! I' ve arrived in the tropics

































The flight went well, all 3 and a half hours of it, but then the shuttle to the hotel took 2 hours.  I was knackered when I finally arrived, but the Hotel is great.

Mantra Reception


















After settling in I had a drink at the poolside bar and then booked two trips for the coming days.  Saturday I will be going on a Daintree Rainforest tour and Sunday I will be going out to the Great Barrier Reef on a glass bottom boat.  Should be fun. The hotel looked great at night. 






















I then went on a five minute walk to a restaurant called Sublime.  Good choice of name because the food certainly was.  I think I'll go back there tomorrow.   Oysters followed by pork belly and ribs washed down with a lovely Petit Chablis and then a delightful chocolate Semi Fredo desert.  I love all this diet food!!!

Sublime Restaurant 

My table is the one on the left 


































Very reasonably priced too.


























No comments:

Post a Comment