Wednesday 20 July 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 54 - 19th July

Day 54


Decided to have a quiet day today and Amy wanted me to be here when Lucie and Rosie arrived this morning.  Together with Alex and Ellie they were going to stay a few nights while their floor was being stained back at ther house.

I had arranged to meet Becky in Buckleys at six so I went into town early.  Lucie gave me a lift to St Leonard's at 3.00 and I caught the train into Town Hall and had a wander down to the Westfield centre.

St. Leonards

Town Hall Station




























The BOSE shop on the 6th floor of the Westfield Centre 




















I wanted to talk to people in the BOSE shop about the new sound reduction wireless headphones.  You see a couple of years ago I bought the wired version of these for the plane etc. And last year I bought the wireless non sound reduction ones for around the house.  I wanted to see if they would trade in my two sets against the price of one new set.  As expected, the answer was no, so I will need to sell mine to justify buying the new set.

I then walked down to Circular Quay to wait for Becky when I got a message from her saying that she had hurt her foot and would I meet her nearer the opera house as she was coming in a taxi and didn't want to walk too much.  So I finished my drink and walked down to meet her.

Becky.  Sorry about the poor quality of this  photograph.
Taken using a Telstra phone. Not. Advisable






















When we met we went down to the Opera Bar and found a table.  We had loads of catching up to do and talked for ages. She was excited about her trip to New Zealand, skiing, this Friday and was hoping her foot would be better by then.

The Opera Bar


















We ordered a dozen oysters to share, 6 Rock and 6 Pacific to see which we preferred and we were both agreed that the Rock Oystes were the best.  Becky then had Duck salad and I had my favourite, crispy skinned Barramundi. All washed down with a couple of bottles of Hunter Valley Verdelho.

Not a bad starter to share. 
























Then before we new it, it was time to go so I walked with Becky to her taxi and we said our goodbyes agreeing to meet again in Sydney next year.

So it's goodbye for another year 



























No comments:

Post a Comment