Tuesday 19 July 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 53 - 18th July

Day 53


Put the news on when I woke and saw theses images from Sydney.  The city was covered in a blanket of fog.  Flights and ferries were cancelled and traffic had ground to a halt.

















As I was not due to land in Sydney until 3.00pm I decided to go ahead with plans and see what would unfold during the day.

I had packed my case the night before so only had a little to do this morning so had a shower and went to breakfast.

The breakfast room at the Mantra 


















When I had eaten I went and packed the rest of my stuff and went to check out and wait for the shuttle bus to pick me up for the airport transfer.  The Sun Palm shuttle bus arrived on time at 9.35 and I said my goodbyes and headed off to the airport.

My shuttle bus arrives

Left this behind me 


















When I arrived at the airport I was told that the fog had dispersed in Sydney and our Jetstar flight would leave on time. But a Quantas flight for Sydney was delayed by 2 hours. Due to earlier disruptions at the airport in Sydney.

When we landed on time at 3.00pm it was to find that it was the warmest day in Sydney since I arrived here 7 weeks ago.

A lovely sunny winter day with a temperature of 26 degrees. 
















But nowhere near as hot as back home in Newport


Newport temperature today measured from Janet's car.

































No comments:

Post a Comment