Sunday 24 July 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 58 - 23rd July

Day 58


Today I went to Newport up on the ocean coast to watch Newport entertain Blue Mountains in a feast of rugby.

It must be one of the most scenic rugby grounds in the world.  Imagine watching kick off with the Tasman Sea as a backdrop.

View from Newport rugby ground, Sydney 


















I watched three matches. Up first were the Colts and this match was won by Newport 24 - 0


































Next match was the seconds, won even more emphatically by Newport, 31 - 0



















Finally the first team match and this was won narrowly by Blue Mountains after Newport had led for most of the match. 



















I really enjoyed the refreshment area where you could get a steak in a bun plus a can of VB for $10 (£5). I had a couple of these during my time there. 

The refreshment area 














No comments:

Post a Comment