Friday 15 July 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 49 - 14th July

Day 49


This morning we went back to Chatswood to see Ice Age - Collission Course in the cinema.  It was not my cup of tea but Cerys laughed out loud repeatedly, as did all the other children on school holidays.  All accompanied by their grandparents who, like me, were not laughing out loud.


















Westfield Centre, where the cinema was situated























After the show was over, against Amy's instructions, we went to McDonalds for lunch, then we headed back home.

Later I got ready to go out to the SCG in the evening to watch a game of 'Footie' or, Australian Rules Football. This was a first against second match between Sydney Swans and Hawthorn Hawks (Tasmania) and a sell out crowd was expected.

When it was time to go I took the car and drove into North Sydney to meet Amy who was finishing work at 4.30.  Cerys was asleep in the back by the time I met Amy.  She took over the car to drive back to Frenchs Forest and I took a train into the city.

I got off at Central Station and found a pub to wait for Alfie in.

Central Station




















After I met Alfie we went on the organised buses to the stadium and met up with Adam. After I had had the compulsory pie and chips I settled down for my first game of Aussie Rules.



























Now I can't say I understood entirely what was going on but it was certainly exciting.  The Hawks winning it in the dying seconds.

The following photographs have no captions because I have no real idea of what is going on. Other than the fact that the Swans are in red and the Hawks in brown and gold.





































I almost supported the Hawks until I found that the kit was brown, not black.

Having watched a bit of rugby league since I have been over here I must say I would prefer to watch Aussie rules but nothing compares to Rugby Union in my eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment