Thursday 15 February 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 83 - 13th February


Day 83


During a leisurely day at home, I went on the short trip to Canon's premises a McQuarrie Park to pick up a new camera.  Amy's friend Joyce had arranged it for me and it was ready on reception when I got there. I then hurried home to have a play with 'my new toy'


Later, Alfie, Amy and I went for our traditional ‘last supper’ before I was to head home. This time we went to Catalina in Rose Bay.


Amy had decided she would drive home so Alfie said he would drive there. We set off for the trip around the harbor and arrived in Rose Bay fairly quickly.

Rose Bay
Rose Bay is the home of Sydney Seaplanes and the former home of the huge Catalina Flying Boats which used to deliver the Mail from the UK to Australia coming in to land in the bay just here. Of Course, this is how the restaurant here got its name.



The restaurant was amazing. It was the day before Valentine’s day, yet it was heaving.


We took our seats and had a great view of the bay and in no time were being served food and drink. The food was spectacular, but the highlight had to be Alfie’s ‘first ever’ plate of oysters with flying fish eggs.  Always a favourite of mine but I was amazed at meat lover Alfie taking it on and actually enjoying it.




All in all, another great night dining out in Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment