Thursday 8 February 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 78 - 8th February

Day 78


After a leisurely breakfast at the hotel I packed my bag and checked out. It had been a pleasant couple of days and the staff could not have been more pleasant. There is no reason not to stop here on future visits to Hobart.



So, I called a taxi and went off to the airport. This airport is very small and after checking in I had a bit of lunch before sitting waiting for my flight to be called.  



I was not aware at first but on looking around I saw Eoin Morgan, the England captain and quickie Liam Plunkett sat on the table behind me.  Looking up I saw that the entire England touring party were there, waiting for their flight to Melbourne for the next T20 match.

 
Eoin Morgan
I had a conversation with David Willie and his wife Caroline about an article in the morning newspaper picturing them with their baby sightseeing in Hobart the previous day. We also had a brief chat about the previous evening’s match before the Melbourne flight was called.

 
David Willey
Soon after, my flight to Sydney was called and I duly took my seat on board. Visibility was good on both sides of the Tasman giving great views of the coastlines on leaving Tasmania and arriving in Sydney.






Just 90 minutes later we were touching down in Sydney and I had to decide which method of transport to take back to French’s Forest. I decided on train to Central, change to train to Chatswood then bus to French’s Forest with the bus stop conveniently positioned opposite the house.



No comments:

Post a Comment