Wednesday 7 February 2018

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 76 - 6th February

Day 76


An early start today as I was being dropped off at the airport by Alfie on his way into the city this morning. I had a bit of time to kill at the airport, so I checked in and went for a lengthy breakfast. Hot egg and chorizo wrap with a long black coffee.


After I had had a good read of the morning paper I made my way to the Gate and eventually took my seat on board ready for the flight.
It was an uneventful flight and upon arrival at Hobart airport I found the shuttle bus and hopped aboard. When the bus was full we left for the various locations. I was fourth drop off at the Mantra.






My view from the hotel
I checked in and unpacked in my room and had a quick change before going out into the town. After a drink in the hotel bar I wandered over to the waterfront. It was a lovely day and it was not too crowded along the harbourside and I took quite a lot of photographs as I walked around.






One of my favourite places is the Constitution dock off Sullivan's Cove which is lined with fish and chip shops such as the Fish Man and Flippers.



It had been my intention to eat in Mako’s floating fish restaurant, an old favourite of mine, but unfortunately it was closed today so instead I went into a new one on me. Pearls Oyster Bar.







A good selection on the menu and I chose half a dozen oysters (3 each of two different sorts) followed by battered Trevally.  Accompanied by a nice Tasmanian Riesling. Great food and very good value.





From here I moved on to Franklin Gardens to check out exactly where I have to catch the free bus to Blundstone Arena tomorrow for the cricket. This was a very pleasant green area set right in the heart of the city.




I then went further out to Salamanca where I stopped at a nice pub for a few drinks before heading back to the hotel.







No comments:

Post a Comment