Thursday 4 May 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 70 – 3rd May

Day 70 


Amy was needed in work very early today for a series of presentations, Justin was still in New Zealand so it was my responsibility to get Cerys and Dylan to school.  Well, it was OK I suppose, but getting them ready was very difficult when all Dylan wanted to do was play.  But I eventually succeeded and we set off for school.




Cerys was fine, her BFF Alyssa was already there when we arrived, so she went off with her straight away.  A bit different with Dylan though, he was very clingy and was stuck to my leg. That was until a young teacher came over and picked him up.  That was my signal to leave so I quietly exited the room.



I then had to drive to Artarmon to return my hire car after which I got a taxi into Chatswood. From there I took a bus back to Frenchs forest to carry on with my packing before going out later for dinner with Justin, who was returning today and Amy. 

My ‘last supper’ was to be in Manly Wine right opposite the beach in Manly.



Jill came over to babysit for us so as soon as she arrived we left for Manly. We had a lovely evening there, the meal was really good, despite us having to remind them of the side dishes we had ordered. I think this was the first steak I had had since arriving in Australia 70 days ago.  I had been eating fish and lamb mainly, but this steak was delicious




We had to head off home too early for me, but Amy had another early start looming ftomorrow or more presentations and Jill had to get back home to Pymble, so my last full day in Australia ended.




No comments:

Post a Comment