Tuesday 2 May 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 66 – 29th April

Day 66

Disastrous start to the day.  Both Justin and I overslept.  Even though I went to bed early last night I slept through my alarm and did not wake up until 05.10.  The latest time that I could have turned up for my balloon flight was 05.00 so I had missed it completely.  Justin is now trying to re-arrange it for when I come back in December.

We had a lovely breakfast prepared and cooked by Nic after which some of us went on a buggy ride to try to find Kangaroos.  You can see from the photographs that we were successful.







Latr we set out for Audrey Wilkinsons Vinyard for another tasting.  This vinyard is set in the most beautiful surroundings which we enjoyed before taking part in another tasting.




Add caption


Justin, Dylan, Amy and Cerys

Adam, Arlo and Nic

Dylan with big sister Cerys


There were even helicopters arriving here with eager visitors.




When we had finished here we moved on to the Worthington vinyard and had our final tasting of the day.  The people here were most friendly and the wine was really good.









It was obviously a popular destination for cyclists as there were plenty of them here but it made me wonder how much tasting could be done while maintaining contol of a bicycle?




Then it was back to the house to get ready to go out for our evening meal at the Crown Plaza, a hotel, pub, brewery quite close to where we were staying.




We went out for an early meal with the children before returning to the house to get them to bed. Once this was completed we settled down for a pleasant evening exploring our differing musical tastes.


No comments:

Post a Comment