Monday 1 May 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 65 – 28th April

Day 65

We had an early start today, packing the cars and setting off to beat the traffic.  We were taking two cars for a more comfortable ride and so we arranged to pick up Keith and Jill in Pymble on the way as Adam, Nic and Arlo would be following on later.





I had Cerys in with me so we were to have Keith and Jill with us so, after loading their luggage in Justin’s car we set off on the Pacific Freeway up towards the central coast.  We stopped halfway for some breakfast before turning off the Freeway and heading towards Hunter Valley. As we approached a town called Cessnock the signs said welcome to the mining country and we went through a little town called Aberdare and along a street called Neath road.  I felt quite at home.






We soon arrived in the beautiful Hunter Valley and headed towards our home for the next few days in the Vintage Estate.








After unpacking the cars and settling in we went for a short drive to the Tyrells Estate vinyards and its cellar door.  This is my favourite vinyard of those visited during my previous visits.  It has kept the original old buildings from the birth of the estate and they make ideal points of interest within the grounds.









We then entered the main building and enjoyed an informative and enjoyable wine tasting.  I decided to join the founders club, which meant that I could have discounts off anything bought on the premises by committing to two 6 bottle cases of wine per year.  These were to be delivered to Justin and Amy and they have promised to keep them for me when they arrive. The first case though, I took with me, Hunter Valley Semillon, HDV Semillon and Verdelho, all from the Tyrell’s vinyards.







When Jill and Keith had bought theirs, we drove to the Gundog Winery, but when we got there we had a call from Nic saying she had arrived at the house, so Amy and I set off with Dylan to meet her, leaving the others to carry on with their tasting before joining us later.






We met up with Nic and the others were not far behind us. Shortly after thoug,h we got a call from Adam saying when he would be arriving by train in Gosforth. So Nic and Amy set off to pick him up while Justin did a barbeque for the kids.








After the others returned with Adam we all settled down and had our own barbeque prepared and cooked by Adam.  It was all delicious and washed down with Hunter Valley wine recently purchased.




I left the others up while I then went for an early night as I had to be at Petersons vineyard at 5.00am the following morning to take part in a balloon flight, a birthday present off the kids. My Alarm was set for 4.00am as I had to arrive at the site no later than 5.00








No comments:

Post a Comment