Tuesday 18 April 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 49 - 12th April

Day 49


After Cerys and I enjoyed my breakfast offering of poached egg on toast (Cerys says I make the best poached egg in the world) we got ready quickly and set off to return my hire car.  As we are flying to Perth for five days tomorrow I thought I had books it out until today, the 12th. However when I checked the paperwork the previous eveningg I found it had to be back on Sunday 9th.  Gulp! Are the police looking for me?



We got the car back and as I was apologising the guy at No Birds said no problem, they were taking the extra days out of te deposit I had left with them. I had only left $100 deposit with them and they even gave me $13 dollarschange.  Not bad was it, three extra days with Sat Nav and full insurance (Zero excess) for only $87.  While there I booked to pick it up under the same terms from Tuesday18th when we return from Perth, returning it on May 4th before I fly back to the UK.  All this for just $435.

We then caught a taxi into the city and got out at the Sky tower and bought a ticket to go to the top. First of all we had a 4D film show and then took a lift up. The views around Sydney were spectacular and we enjoyed our time here. Here are some of the shots taken from up there.









Cerys even opened her packed lunch up making herself at home and started eating it. But as it was now approaching lunchtime I suggested she stop that and we then strolled through the city down to Circular Quay to get a proper lunch.

Thanks Grandy, I was enjoying that!


Our destination was Buckleys where we took a table and watched all the hustle and bustle outside while waiting for our food.  I had whole pan fried baby Baramundy  and Cerys had Penne paste.  We shared a garlic bread and a bowl of fries.  It was all delicious.


What's worse than Cerys in a pub? Two Ceryses in a pub!

It was time to leave for home then so we caught the Manly ferry across the harbour enjoying the views on the way across.





When we got to Manly we caught the 136 Chatswood bus and got off in Forest Way and strolled the rest of the way home.






No comments:

Post a Comment