Sunday 2 April 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 39 - 2nd April

Day 39


Well it was party day in our house today. First of all Dylan had a party starting at 0900 and which was due to go on for three hours. Lucky Alfie was the one chosen to go with Dylan while Cerys was taken by Amy to her party at 12 noon.

I don't know if it was a fancy dress party or not but Cerys insisted on going in her Unicorn outfit.




I stayed home during all of this because I was going out later to the Allianz Stadium to see the Waratahs playing the Crusaders from New Zealand. So I occupied my time by cooking a Chilli for the others to put in the freezer and a disastrous Toad in the Hole for today's dinner.  It looked awful but tasted pretty good when we ate it later, with mashed potatoes, mushy peas and gravy.

Glancing out of the window I saw a pair of Kookaburras on the fence.




Then it was time for me to get ready to go to the match. I was driving in to the ground and having been there quite a few times with Justin I felt OK about that.  Driving in was simple, not much traffic about and directions to the car park were great so I parked up and strolled past the SCG on my way to the Allianz.

The Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG)

The Allianz Stadium


There was an interesting appetiser on display as under 8s and under 10s were playing on the pitch pre-match. This could be Dylan in a couple of years.





I thoroughly enjoyed the big match experience but the skill levels displayed by the Waratahs were worse than anything I've seen in the Pro 12 this season. They had forgotten how to tackle, letting Crusader attackers through time after time as they wished. Ridiculous passing options, especially from Israel Folau, the Wallaby superstar. Hard fought for possession being kicked straight back to the opposition (reminding me of Kingsley Jones' Dragons).

Yet somehow at one stage they fought back to within 5 points of Crusaders with a couple of well taken tries.  It was too good to last though as Crusaders pulled away again to win 25 - 42.




I returned to the car walking passed a lovely lake glistening in the early evening light, past the row after row of free buses laid on to get spectsators back to the city as quickly as possible.





As I left the car park I was guided out into an unfamiliar route so I employed my Sat Nav but unfortunately I missed the turning to the tunnel so I had to drive through the city at dusk, through roads I hadn't driven on before, looking for the Harbour Bridge which I eventually found and crossed with no further mishaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment