Friday 1 December 2017

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 9 - 1st December

Day 9


I left very early this morning to catch the train from Chatswood to Sydney.  I was going to the Recital Hall in Angel Place to sort out a ticket for the opera next Wednesday.  Not having been here before I wanted to suss it out before booking my seat.

I arrived before it was open so had breakfast in the Angel café. Very nice people and good food.  After this I visited the box office and sorted out my ticket.





I then spent the rest of the morning down in Circular Quay watching the comings and goings.  There was a huge Royal Caribbean cruise liner in port, the Voyager of the Seas.  This was the ship that Joanie and I crossed the Atlantic in a few years ago.  We sailed from Malaga to Miami.







I then had a drink in a couple of pubs, the Union and the Fortunes of War, the latter claiming to be the oldest pub in Sydney, before catching the train back to Chatswood.





It was to be a busy afternoon because Amy and Alfie were picking up the new car and it was left to me to pick up Cerys from school and look after her before returning to the school to see Dylan in his first school concert.  It was a rush for Amy and Alfie, but they made it back in time to see the concert.

It was nice seeing the little kids obviously enjoying themselves and I think everybody there enjoyed it.

That's Dylan in green in the middl;e.



We then returned home for the first BBQ of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment