Tuesday 28 November 2017

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 6 -28th November

Day 6

After an early breakfast I decided to take a bus into Manly and then the ferry over to Circular Quay.  On my way over to the nearby bus stop I was accompanied by this wild turkey. Not much meat for the Christmas table there though!!


















When my bus arrived he crossed the road and went into somebody's garden and I hopped on board for the scenic drive.  This route passed through Dee Why and Queenscliff on the way into Manly.

Soon after we arrived at Manly ferry terminal and I was lucky enough to catch a ferry out within minutes. We were soon underway passing the many small beaches that line Sydney Harbour.







After disembarking at Circular Quay I made my way to the Opera quarter for a different view of the harbour.  I had never been around this side of the Opera House before.  It made for some interesting shots.

Luna Park, a kid's favourite

The other end of the Harbour bridge

The Manly Ferry on its return Journey

Kirribilli House, home of the Governor General

The Opera house from the rear















































































I then headed over to the Botanical gardens and because of its immense area, I decided to take the 'Noddy Train' over to the far side and then to walk back.  


The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney is a major botanical garden located in the heart of Sydney. Opened in 1816, the garden is the oldest scientific institution in Australia and one of the most important historic botanical institutions in the world. It is open every day of the year and access is free. Its stunning position on Sydney Harbour and immediately adjacent to the Sydney central business district, the Sydney Opera House and the large public parklands of The Domain ensure it is one of the most visited attractions in Sydney.

Despite the commentary on the journey it was hard to take in so I'll just show some photographs of things I came across during my visit.

Some recent additions


The flies are massive round here



This is a member of the lizard family called a Water DRagon.  This was about 2 foot long

The oldest glass house in Australia

I think this is a hornet of some kind.




After spending some time here I decided to head back, but not before taking in some refreshment in Buckley's in the Quay.




















Time then to get my ferry back.





No comments:

Post a Comment