Sunday 26 November 2017

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 3 -25th November



I awoke on day 3 after a decent enough sleep on the plane and soon after was served a cooked breakfast.  Just what I wanted to set me up for my arrival in Sydney.  I then went to freshen up and change out of my PJs into my travel clothes before a walk around the area.  When I asked where the Residence was.  I was taken to it but asked not to take photographs.  This was amazing.  A double cabin with separate toilet and shower as well as a bedroom with a double bed.  I was told that to fly London to Sydney return in this would cost in the region of £20,000 for two people.  I guess that’s why this is the one advertised by Nicole Kidman.  The attendant told me that this was the very one that it was filmed in.

As I was not able to take photographs the one's following have been taken from those already published on the web.



The Residence
The Residence Bedroom

Then it was time to strap in ready for Landing which went quite smoothly.  After a short delay opening the doors we were off.  Whisked through security in no time, found my luggage and left into the main concourse where Amy, Cerys and Dylan were waiting for me.



We were soon out into the early morning traffic passing by now familiar buildings, crossing the Harbour bridge and heading out to French’s Forest where I began to unwind.  After unpacking at leisure, relaxing and catching up with things family throughout the day  we got ready and drove to Dee Wy for dinner.  One of my favourite places in Sydney. The kids played on the beach with Alfie while Amy and I sat in a restaurant drinking wine and chatting. When the others joined us we ate at the Stella Blu Restaurant and generally had a great early evening.







Feeling absolutely knackered by now it was back home and an early night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment