Thursday 23 November 2017

Australia & Ashes 2017 - 2018 - Day 1 -23rd November

Day 1


It seems to have crept up om me so fast I can’t believe I am leaving for Australia today.  It’s a glorious day here in Newport and the sunrise seems to be extra special today. It may be due to the fact that I have not slept all night, staying up watching the first day of the Brisbane test match.



I wonder if I will experience more sunrises like this on the other side of the world in the next three months.



A well as visiting my family in Sydney I am also going to follow England in the latest Ashes series.  I will watching them in test matches in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney. A one day match in Brisbane and a T20 match in Hobart so I will be doing a fair amount of travelling just to watch the cricket.  I will  also be attending the Sydney leg of the HSBC Sevens tournament in January.


Image result for Ashes


I will be fitting an awful lot in, as there is much I want to do with Amy, Justin and the family, including trips to the Opera. Then, to top it all, the Sydney Festival will be in full swing during my stay. Bring it on.


Sydney Festival Tickets


After a morning of finalizing things, making sure I had everything, saying goodbyes, Kevin picked me up and we set of on an uneventful journey to Heathrow.  We arrived in plenty of time and while Kevin set off immediately for the return trip to Newport, I was whizzing through check in and security to then find my way to the Etihad lounge where I settled in and started to relax.




Lovely place with a great choice of food and drink all served by most attentive waiters. 


It is now 6.50 and the flight is due to leave at 8 O’clock so I’ll sign off now and my next blog will hopefully be from Abu Dhabi.


No comments:

Post a Comment