Saturday 28 May 2016

Australia & New Zealand - Day 1 - 27th May 2016


Day 1

After an uneventful trip up to Heathrow from Newport I checked in and had a coffee with Kevin before going through to departures.  Plenty of time to check in at the Ethiad First class lounge and have a nice Champagne breakfast. As usual I was made to feel very welcome at reception and the staff were most attentive in the lounge and dining areas


















There was still time for a shower and a massage before my flight was due to be boarded.

Feeling very relaxed I left the lounge and headed towards the gate, whereupon I was informed that there was a delay, which turned out to be 1 and a half hours.  Normally this would not have phased me, but as I only had a 1.45 turnaround in Abu Dhabi to make my flight to Sydney, I was worried and checked the situation with the Ethiad staff.  I was told not to worry as the airline would sort it out, so I didn't, and went back to the Lounge.




















Eventually called to board with the message that the pilot would try to make up the time on the journey.

I love flying with Ethiad and as soon as I had settled into my berth I was handed a glass of champagne and a copy of the menu to pre book my meal which would be served at a time to suit me.

 
 
I chose Arabic Mezze followed by Pan Seared Bass with a Cafe de Paris Sauce and Chive Mashed Potatoes.  I asked for it to be served at 12.30.  It was actually served thirty minutes late but it did not detract from what was a very nice meal.

Time for sleep then though, to try and get my head around the time difference as I would be landing in Sydney at 17.55 tomorrow.  

I did manage to get a couple of hours and the Pilot made up a lot of time which meant that we were able to make our connection without any delay.  

Now for the next leg, a 14 hour flight to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment