Saturday 9 February 2019

2019 Australia and India Week 2


Week 2

The first couple of days were so hot in Sydney that I just chilled out and stayed in the vicinity of home in Frenchs Forest.  It was nice to chill out and just relax for a couple of days.




On Wednesday I went over to Chatswood and caught the train into Sydney, where I headed down to Circular Quay.  Once again it was a vibrant, bustling place with people from all over the world.  There was also a Princess liner making ready to leave.




After  taking in the sights again I stopped for lunch at Buckley’s and had a beautiful crispy skinned Barramundi fillet. Delicious.



I then made my way to the Opera bar and had a drink before heading for the cool inside the Opera House.  It was hot outside, mid 30s.  I checked out the programme for the next couple of months  then walked backed to the ferry berths




The ferry, Collaroy,  was in, so I caught it and headed across the Harbour to Manly where I spent the rest of the day before making my way home




On Thursday I visited a place I had been threatening to do for years, Roseville Chase.  I suppose it was its closeness to the house that put me off before, thinking I need to go further.  What a mistake that was it was a magnificent place.  Located on Middle Harbour at its uppermost reaches, Roseville Chase is a secluded and bushy suburb. There are two main geographical and socio-economic subdivisions in Roseville Chase. The Chase Lowlands are centred on lower confines south of the mighty Roseville Bridge, while the Chase Heights are centred around the elegant Ormonde Rd, offering commanding views down to the harbour and beyond. Much of the surrounding bushland is contained within Garigal National Park






Situated just four miles from the house this place has a terrific little marina.  I don’t know why Alfie has never bought a boat to sail from here. It flows into Pittwater and then on into the Ocean.




This weather is nigh on unbearable, it is so hot. On Friday I decided to go to Parramatta on the ferry.  It was a long trip, first of all catching the ferry to Manly and then changing boats for the trip upriver to Parramatta.  It was a beautiful trip passing various smaller suburbs and magnificent houses overlooking the river. 






When I arrived at Parramatta I was surprised at the size of it.  I was expecting a sleepy little suburb but it was a vibrant city with a large business district.  There were many theatres, restaurants and hotels, a pleasant surprise.




I had a late lunch at the Mille Uno restaurant before exploring the city a little more.  Then I caught a train back directly to Chatswood.



 
Loveley chicken schnitzel

Saturday morning I went with Amy and Cerys to Warringah Mall and spent a few hours there before going home for lunch.  




In the evening I went out with Alfie and his friends into Kings Cross where we started off at a bar called Holey Moley which offered 9 hole crazy golf while walking around with our drinks. 




We then went to an Indian Restaurant called ‘Brick Lane’.  I was expecting a lot from this but it was quite disappointing and nowhere near as good as the Indian restaurants in Brick Lane London.



No comments:

Post a Comment