Thursday 23 February 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 2 - 24th February

Day 2


After an eventful day in UK I am now sat in the lounge in Abu Dhabi airport.   It is 2.00am here and I am not flying until 8.00 so can enjoy the facilities and work on my blog. 

The flight here was great.  Seven hours of relaxation, good food and drink, a nice sleep and all the attention one could expect.  I love travelling on Etihad and will always book with them on future flights to Australia.

We flew on an Airbus A380 - 800 which is what I have always flown on with Etihad but my next flight, to Sydney, will be on a Boeing 777 - 300.

The Airbus A380 - 800
On the Airbus there is an upper deck and this is where Business class is situated.  The Boeing does not have an upper deck so I presume the Business class will be at the front of the plane.  I will find out eventually.

The Boeing 777 - 300

On the way here there was loads of selection of films, music, TV etc. but I chose to watch a film I had previously seen three times, Public Enemies, starring Johny Depp.  This must be my favourite film with an outstanding soundtrack which I play often.  If you haven't seen it I would recommend that you do so. You will not be disappointed.



Johny Depp plays the part of John Dillinger and the film also stars our own Welsh boy, Chtistian Bale as FBI agent, Melvin Purvis. a great role.


Christian Bale as FBI Agent Melvin Purvis

I have been sat in here pretty much on my own except for the cleaners.  It's very quiet but the Etihad attendants keep coming up to me to see if I'm OK.  Bringing me lots of green tea.

Laying the tables for breakfast

Very quiet

It really is a great place to rest up between flights, especially when it is as quiet as this.






I am going to go to the Sixth Sense Spa now for a massage and to to take a shower. Once again I have forgotten to bring a comb or a brush so I am going to have to beg one off the attendants, just like every time I am here.





There is a fifteen hour flight ahead of me so the next blog will be from Sydney on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment