Monday 27 February 2017

Australia 2017 - Day 5 - 27th February

Day 5


Can't get my sleep patterns right yet so was up early with the rest of the family.  Saw the kids off to school with Justin and had breakfast while deciding what to do for the day.  The weather forecast was bad but it seemed fine enough outside at the moment.

Cerys on her way to School - That back pack is as big as her!!


So I decided that I would go into the city to see if the Queen Mary 2 was still at berth in Circular Quay.

It was not of course but in its place the Carnival Spirit had arrived. Another very big ship, well worth a look.








I may have mentioned previously how much I love this place with all its hustle and bustle.  the Aborigine music that is always there to accompany you as you stroll around, the constant coming and going of the Harbour ferries, the trains arriving and departing above our heads and the constant flow of people on their way to catch a ferry, or visit the Opera House.  Then there are those views of the Harbour Bridge with countless picture opportunities. Or is it to call in at one of the many harbour side restaurants. All this going on below the magnificent city skyline.

They come by ferry....

Or by train.



Some come to chat

Others to relax in the sun


They always find time to eat

Bridge views they never tire of



And the city is right behind


Talking of places to eat, I could not come down here without calling in to Buckleys could I?  This time it was for a couple of schooners of Chancer ale and some Lobster sliders with Flying Fish eggs. One word - delicious.

Always welcoming

Sliders with Chancer Ale

Feeling well fed I decided to return to the house by my favourite method, the Manly ferry.  This time it was the Collaroy.

The Collaroy
When I arrived at the Manly ferry terminal I quickly caught a bus to French's Forest but unfortunately after that lunch I fell asleep and missed my stop.  I had to go on to Chatswood and catch another bus back.

No comments:

Post a Comment